Hello! My name is Sue and this a blog of my sailing adventures with my husband Lawrence (the invisible one..) on our sailing catamaran Pentesilea.
This website will probably look a right pickle but as I expect readership to be very limited indeed that’s OK too! I have called it “not just blue” as I hope to add something of interest beyond just beautiful blue seas and skies.
I have a personal checklist in one of my notebooks of “why we are doing this” and in case it isn’t blindingly obvious the list goes like this.
- Choices. Sell up in the UK and give up work or carry on? (I do struggle with the word “retire”) ..anyone who knows me understands why the latter was not a good option. Say no more.
- There are lots of reasons why it’s a good time to put it all into the pension pot for now, take ourselves away and live cheap and free for a while.
- Time to learn something new. Together.
- Things to talk about when we are old.
- I have often pretended to be an adventurous person – time to call my own bluff!
I am a bit late starting so I may back track somewhat too. Hope you enjoy it!
2 thoughts on “Time for an Adventure”
Love it! I’ve been off sick and told to stay in bed… dull… finding this was fab and cheered me up no end, please keep it up Sue x x x
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks loads Helen! Sorry to hear you are laid up – hot water bottle, honey & lemon and pictures of sunny places….bound to be better very soon xx 😉